Braintree Public Schools
Mission Statement & Beliefs
The mission of the Braintree Schools, in partnership with parents and the community, is to prepare students to become responsible and contributing members of a diverse and global society. We motivate and enable each student to develop intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally through a rigorous and supportive educational program within an inclusive and safe environment that nurtures creative and critical thinking, the development of values and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Since excellence in instruction and student achievement is our primary objective, in support of our mission we are committed to the following beliefs:
- Students should acquire a rigorous core of knowledge by thinking critically and creatively and making wise judgments in an environment that promotes higher level thinking skills across the curriculum.
- All students can achieve academic proficiency and strive for excellence.
- All students possess unique talents and gifts and should be encouraged to reach their maximum individual potential.
- Students should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking, computing, the arts, and technology.
- Students should acquire the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to achieve and maintain optimum health and lifelong fitness.
- Students should develop a sense of self-discipline, self-respect, and self-reliance and demonstrate social, civic and environmental responsibility.
- Students should acquire skills to adapt to an evolving and technologically advancing society.
- Students should understand, respect and appreciate the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of our society and the democratic principles upon which this nation was built.
- A safe and orderly environment, free of prejudice, drugs, violence, bullying, hazing and harassment of any kind, is essential to promote student learning.
- Ongoing opportunities for the professional growth and development of staff are essential for improving teaching and learning.
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers, in partnership with schools, are an integral part of their child’s learning.
- Community involvement should be actively solicited, encouraged and developed.